Just across the Barrow Estuary lies Ireland's oldest city, Waterford. Ancient capital of Ireland, Waterford boasts a wealth of history and grandeur as well as providing entertainment for all ages.
There is no better way of getting to Waterford than the Passage East car ferry from Ballyhack. Take in the splendid views as you traverse Waterford Harbour and keep your eyes peeled for dolphins & seals.
- Opened in 2017, the Waterford - Dungarvan Greenway is a must-see activity while visiting the Southeast and is proving one of the most exciting things to happen to the region in years! 46km of stunning scenery to walk or cycle and as it is a disused railway line, there are no steep hills to navigate this hire company even offer a free shuttle bus waterfordgreenway.com
- In the heart of Waterford you will find the Viking Triangle, the city's historical & cultural centre. Home to a replica Viking longboat & the world's longest wooden sword. The main attractions in this region in the city are the King of the Vikings virtual reality tour, Reginald's Tower, the Medieval Museum & the Bishop's Palace. This area is also home to the Theatre Royal with a busy events program, there truly is something for everyone.
- No visit to Waterford would be complete without a visit to the world famous House of Waterford Crystal. Witness the artists creating their glittering masterpieces, sample the culinary delights in the cafe and, of course, treat yourself to something sparkly in the retail shop waterfordvisitorcentre.com
- Waterford's Great Escape rooms are a very popular recent addition to the city. Test you wits and work together to solve the clues and free yourselves. 4 rooms to choose from. Lunch & refreshments available also. Pre-booking is advised greatescapeawaterford.ie
- Waterford has a busy shopping district with busy high streets, mini malls, large chain stores & exceptional boutiques.
- During the months of November and December, Waterford transforms into Winterval, Ireland's largest winter festival complete with Christmas markets, Ice Skating & Amusements.